Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hope of Heaven...

Today was another of the 'between two worlds' days that has become so common. The worship at Lagniappe was incredible- we had a mandolin, guitar and a jimbay drum. John Henry has really come in to his own as a worship leader. I preached on the 'Just and Justifying' God. It was one of those moments where God spoke very clearly. Oddly enough, even on the heels of that, in this Sabbath afternoon I find myself longing for heaven- for all things to be made right. I guess that actually makes sense- there is only one place where the upside down things will be made right side up. Oh, the glorious thought- one day, some day- all things made right. I am becoming keenly aware of how little I actually believe the Gospel that I have been called to preach. I find it 'easy' to preach the truth, yet believing it is harder and harder. My heart longs for temporal reminders of Gospel truth- shadowy pictures here, but the true longings are for the shadows to disappear and the reality to come. Keep Lagniappe and me in your prayers, y'all are in mine.

No comments: